VeeOz Virtual, hereinafter referred to as 'VeeOz Virtual', 'us', 'we', 'our', 'the organisation', collects and stores limited information from you to allow the ongoing administration of the organisation. This information is used internally and will not be shared outside VeeOz Virtual for data collection or advertising purposes.
2. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
As part of the membership Expression of Interest (EOI) process, information collected includes:
- your name; and
- email address; and
- VATSIM certificate server ID; and
- information you enter regarding your flight simulation and/or real world aviation experience; and
- information you enter regarding flight simulator software you own.
This information may be stored for a period of up to 3 years following the submission of the EOI (successful or not) to enable the comparison of future EOIs from the same person. In some cases, the organisation may exercise a legitimate interest in retaining indefinitely, limited data (Name, VATSIM CID) to protect the integrity of the EOI process.
To assist us manage our community database, keep your records secure, and support communication with our membership, VeeOz Virtual, members are also required provide some other information as a condition of their membership. This information includes:
- Your VATSIM ID; and
- your name as submitted by you and verified via the VATSIM Membership database using your VATSIM ID; and
- your pilot number as issued by VeeOz Virtual; and
- your VeeOz Virtual password (stored in a secure format) as issued initially by VeeOz Virtual and which may be changed by you via your pilot profile; and
- information entered by you into your pilot profile including physical location (opt-in); and
- information describing your VeeOz Virtual flying activity as entered by you into the VeeOz Virtual website.
This information may continue to be stored for a period of time after a member leaves the organisation for the purpose of restoring flight history and streamlining the membership admission process in the event that the member returns.
In addition, each time a user logs into the VeeOz Virtual website, that users pilot number, IP address and browser user agent information is logged.
3. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
VeeOz Virtual Community Members have access to only their own personal information.
VeeOz Virtual Management have access to basic personal information such as your name, pilot number and flying history.
VeeOz Virtual Website Administrators have access to the above personal information including secured passwords which cannot be recovered into their plain text form.
The organisation may be required to provide information of any current and past members to relevant legal and regulatory authorities.
Additionally, as a VATSIM Virtual Airline partner, we are required to provide VATSIM with the pilot identification numbers (or VATSIM ID) of any current member of the organisation.
4. HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
Your information is used explicitly for Virtual Airline operations and in the event that VeeOz Virtual needs to contact you directly.
5. MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS
We accept memberships from people who are 16 years or older. We do not, under any circumstances, accept memberships from any persons younger than the age of 16.
Any account(s) found to include false information regarding age or of any kind shall be subject to immediate cancellation at the discretion of VeeOz Virtual Management.
6. INFORMATION REQUEST PROCEDURE
Any request for information shall be detailed in writing to [email protected]. The organisation will, upon verification, provide the member with their data.
A member (or former member) has the right to erasure of their data. This means you will no longer be a member and your information (including flight history) will be lost forever.
A member has the right to correct any errors in their data.
7. ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
By providing your information using the VeeOz Virtual Expression of Interest or by becoming a member of the organisation, you submit your acceptance of this policy.